Sunday 20 April 2008


Since Hugh's constructive criticism in the class I have heeded his advice and am trying to simplify my images and orientate my camera view more effectively. I also hope that pertinent cropping may facilitate this. I am still sticking with colour negative despite his better judgement. If things really go rectum over mammary I can always resort to scanning my negs. Though at this point I hope such lame measures will not be necessary.  

I noticed that in the works of Mr's Egglestone and Shore, they often draw attention to the ironic context in which signs are found. In this print the barge is moored next to a "No Mooring" sign (not clear in this version however it is to the back left hand side of the image) while the boat is called "Oppertunity" which to my sentiments is somewhat humorous and ironic. 

Also Im terrible at scanning my negs and have no tried and tested system for getting rid of that annoying colour cast. This one was greeny and I seem to have made it orangey. Any one good at this stuff?

Any comments, musings or criticism however brutal would be very much appreciated. 

3 comments:

Uisdean Mòr said...

nprqgbvHave you looked at Lee Friedlander yet?

Uisdean Mòr said...

look at the current 8 magazine

Kata said...

I would like to ask, if your project is going to include people, too, as part of the urban landscape?